Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Ian, Let Me Have This

The last three days at work have been my busiest since I've been there. My head was wrapped in this project, and I basically shut off the world. I got sucked in and it consumed the majority of my thoughts.

Today after work I went to Starbucks to meet up with Jason and Brian. I had some time to kill, so I just CHILLED for a minute. It was the best chill time I've had in a while. I journaled, read some heart-impacting verses, and stared into space. Finally my mind was NOT on my project, and it was relieving.

That was the 1st step I think - taking a second to breath. The next bigger step was while I was on my way home this evening. God clearly said to me*, "Ian, let me have this." So that was that. I no longer own this project at work; it is now in His hands. And I'm cool with that.

*If you ever want to talk about God "saying" anything to you, or to humans in general, let me know. I dig this sort of topic. It's like you have this thought that springs from something, and there had to be an external source that formed it. Although it's not really external, because this thing called the Holy Spirit is like Jesus living inside my heart, making His dwelling there. Dang this is a big asterisk ;-)

1 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger Eric Young said...

I seem to remember that picture somewhere... ;-)

Anyway bro - well said. It's hard to take that time to just chill and remember that He really is in control of it all. But you've got to find those times and then guard them or else they will fall by the wayside (or at least they do for me).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home